Sunday 15 February 2015

Frustration

And, it's a six!!!!

I sat there watching the match between India and Pakistan, nails between my teeth, almost sitting on the edge of the sofa, Grandpa sitting on the next sofa.
"Why don't you go and study, and come back watch the last over Ashi?"

Yeah right Grandpa. Why don't we just put the fried chicken leg back into the deep fry, and just munch on the bones instead?
And did you ever consider the game CAN end before the 50th over?

"I've never seen you study consistently for more than 10 minutes. Why can't you stay at your desk for at least an hour?"

I'm sorry that you're never awake at 3 am when I've been studying since 12.

"All you do is waste the entire day roaming around the house like a big giant. You have a complete lack of concentration!"

I would love to stay in my room the rest of my life Grandpa, but your wife won't let me go without food. And she freaks out anyways, if I lock myself inside. "Ashi?!?! Are you okay?" (Read: Ashi are you alive?!?!) "Yeah Nani. Unfortunately, yes.
Grandma completely thinks I'm operating an underground spy service inside my room. Right, that too.

"Can't say anything, can you? You're not as smart as your mother. She could memorise anything once she read it."

Yeah Grandpa. Because AIPMT back then was all about people with photographic memories. I'm sorry I rely on my brains these days. Kal se roz chaar baadaam, okay?

"Go away and study. Watch the repeat telecast when you're done."

Okay Nana. Firstly, I'm NEVER DONE studying when it comes to you guys. And secondly, when people discuss the match and ask me if I saw that beautiful cover drive Dhawan hit, then I'm just gonna go, "Oh no buddy! I still have to watch the repeat. Aaj dekh kar batayenge kitna bawaal shot tha." Right?

"You wasted your entire two years doing nothing. Didn't do any questions, no exercises, lord knows how you'll get into a college!"

Lord knows when you'll shut up.

"Those students I taught have reached such heights. And my own granddaughter at home…"

I'm really sorry you got pathetic little ME for a grandkid. But we can't really change that now, can we?

"You still won't answer me! What if you don't get into a college?? What will people say? You'll just waste another year! What about our expectations? You used to be such a good student in your childhood. Now you're just as aimless as those boys on the street."

Maybe if you ever bothered asking what was really going on in my life, and tried to understand, for once, you would know what I'm going through, and perhaps its a miracle I didn't go ahead and do anything stupid. Maybe then you wouldn't really be more concerned about my grades than my life.

"Girls these days have no sense of responsibility. About to turn 18, but no concern about her future."

Yeah coz right now I'm only concerned that Kohli HAS TO STAY IN WHATSOEVER MAY HAPPEN!

"Its all your parents' fault."

"Nana are you gonna let me watch the match or not???" I lose my temper.

"You can either watch the match, or get into a good college."

"FINE! I'll get into a bloody good college."

And I get up, stomp my feet, and leave. Go into my room and shed a few tears of anger because all I wanted to do was watch a stupid match that I had had my heart set on for the past 2 weeks. But apparently, I'm not destined to get what I want. Anywhere. It's that phase in life, where all I do is lose. From personal matters, to a silly little match that mattered much to me.

And that's the story of my life. If you can tell me that you could put up with this, then I'm gladly willing to swap places.

No comments:

Post a Comment