Friday 20 December 2013

Transition

"YOU can watch TV all day long!!! YOU are not in 12th so you think you can get away with this??? You think studies are not important??? And who told you you're old enough to watch Two and a Half Men? No, you CAN'T watch Breaking Bad. Who the hell do you think you are anyways?? Queen Elizabeth??? Switch off the TV and get the hell out of my room!!" I shout all day at my sister. It's become my routine, like a broken gramophone that's stuck playing the same record over and over again.

My little sister is a shirker. She's smart. Oh yeah, hell smart (she's got my genes after all). But she's lazy (my genes, I told you). She toils all day, but in front of the TV. She works, but on my laptop. Whenever I'm out of sight, she gets on the phone to chat with her crush or her equally ridiculous girlfriends. She tries on my high heels when I'm away, scrambles through my phone searching for clues about my boyfriend (As if!), and tries to mess up my just-tidied-study desk because her own is too cluttered to accomodate her. Sometimes when I yell at her, she gives me "The Evil Eye", the mean one-eyebrow-raised look I totally taught her. She puts on her earphones and ignores me as if I'm a giant, exotic insect. In-my-face. She tries to act cool and grown up, when, in reality, she's five years younger than me.

She makes me feel like I wasted my childhood studying.

Inspite of being such a lazy ass, my sister can still be the b*tch, still loll around, still have fun, and not get shouted at. Let's face it, my sister got a boyfriend before I did. :/

It irks me when I see her waste her time. It gets on my nerves when I see her getting involved with boys. I don't let her wear too short shorts. And I shout at her if she takes too long in the bathroom or on the phone, or if she doesn't study or answers questions incorrectly or doesn't do well.

She?? She doesn't give a damn. She treats me like shit. She yells back at me, retorts and acts as if I talk French. She thinks she knows more than me and behaves as if I haven't seen five years of life more than her.


She's turning into me.


I'm turning into Mom.  :/



2 comments: