Wednesday 25 September 2013

When nights dont end…

Eerie sounds pervade the night.. As the distant darkling sings in her cavern in some far away lands.. I sit peering into the dark as the hours while away.. Leafing through the pages.. One hour.. Two hours.. Three hours.. Impatient, aggrieved, I glance at the watch.. STILL 12:30?? 
And I keep leafing through the pages.. Still gazing into the darkness.. Hoping for a ray of light to dare to penetrate through the never-ending gloom.. Spiders crawl up the window ledge.. As goosebumps do up my skin..
And I keep leafing through the pages..
"Light gayi".. Shied away from the sinister hours of the night.. The fan lazily whirrs above my head, looming large like impending doom.. Is that a dog out there? Or the werewolf from my nightmares? Is that the watchman's whistle? Or the witch's scream? As the mind questions the fathomless possibilities..
I keep leafing through the pages..
And the clock struck 3.. "When all men repose" I wait for something.. Some miracle.. Some reprieve from this endless torture.. Winds howl forewarning me.. Heart pounding against my rib cage, I finally decide to switch off the lights, close my Physics book.. And decide to go to sleep..
After all.. I have a Physics exam tomorrow.. 😥

1 comment: