Thursday 26 September 2013

Heroin..

Like an ancient sculptor's clay
We are moulded, day by day
Forced out of our comfort zones
Into something strange unknown
"Grow up kids! Give up sleep!"
For we are "adults" now, sixteen sweet
Burdened backs that make us bow
Coz we are "grown-up" students now
Books grow thick, like *watered weeds*
Bags heavier, like *swollen seeds*
Physics, Chemistry, Bio, Maths
Pissed off teachers make us mad
Guess they have forgotten those
Days they were kids, not long ago.
Just one soul to sympathise
With broken hearts and sleepy eyes
Just one way if we could find
To rest our weary, worn-out minds.
And right before we all give in
Someone brings in 'heroin'
Slowly, slowly hooked on it
*A rosy path to a deathly pit*
Why do you do this to yourself???
A moment's peace, but a lifetime's hell
I shake my head and sadly frown
Pity the poor, addicted town
But then I subtly, slowly smile
Coz I have my own *drug* aside
A loving heart that lives in mine
A caring soul that stands beside
Good for me and good for you
Anyone who can love you true
A drug that's healthy for everyone
Not cocaine, but as vital as the sun
You're born alone, why live that way?
Smile at someone, love today
I know I'm happy, healthy and safe
Baby you keep my pain at bay
And joy to me that you do bring
Baby, you're "my own heroin".. ;) :D

3 comments: