Sunday 29 September 2013

Act 1 Scene 1

The scene takes place inside the surprisingly tranquil classroom of Aakash Coaching Institute.. And not tranquil because it's quiet.. Tranquil becaue the students are totally blank.. Like 'What-the-fuck-is-going-on' blank.. Ya know what.. No one really gets what the teachers want anymore..

Me- "Who told her she looks cute in pigtails for Chrissake??"
"She should go on a diet."
"Maaahnn!! Even her hairbands dont match!"
"Well neither do her shoes."
"I guess she just doesn't care."
"Well.. Who cares!"
"Okay I do!! I am the one who has to watch her stupid head for like, oh, only 4 hours!!"
"Maybe I should just tell her.. Hey girlfriend, sorry to be rude, but your hair looks dumb."
"She has dandruff!! Dandruff, I mean dandruff!!!! And it's not even October yet!!"
"Don't these people realise it's actually a health hazard??"
"I'm so not telling her.."
Attention shifts..
Still me- "He wore that same shirt yesterday."
"I noticed THAT the day before as well!"
"I guess guys are like that only!"
*shrug*
"He should seriously go easy on the hair gel.. No girl really finds it attractive.."
"And I mean real girls!! Not the ones on TV"
"Who cares??? LIKE who cares??? I mean there's an old guy up there at the blackboard sweating his ass off trying to pump some dead guy's theories into our brains!! Why?? Why can't I pay attention to him for like, even two minutes??"
I scribble something on my register.. Some insensible, unintelligible thing..  When I notice the cute guy..
Me again- "God!! Where had he been all this while??"
"Even pink looks good on him!!"
"Okay! No! It doesn't. Obsession apart, pink is gay"
"He isn't.. Certainly he isn't.. He is gorgeous!"
"Wonder if he's got a girfriend?"
"If he hasn't, then I call dibs"
*looks around*
"Oh yeah.. He's totally mine!"
*tringggggg*
"Awwwh crap.. Why does this fucking bell ring at the wrong time?"
"I'll be back Mr. Gorgeous.. Tomorrow again, same time, same classroom, Botany period.. I'll be here waiting.."

And that's how the story goes.. Everyday.. With me.. With you.. With everyone.. The never-ending saga of students wrapped in their thoughts, squirming to get out of the prison-like rooms.. Back into the polluted air of the streets, to freedom..

3 comments: