Tuesday 28 January 2014

Sweet Sixteen..?

Every little girl, the day she turns fifteen, forgets the fact that it's her birthday today, and officially starts dreaming about her next birthday, her 'Sweet Sixteenth'.
For some reason, the Westerners have it hyped that Sweet Sixteen is a highly significant phase in a girl's life. (It could have been a scheme of the hoteliers to introduce a new occasion the poor unsuspecting customers could celebrate!)
And it's the girls they picked. The guys couldn't care less. But the girls... Aah! the girls. There's months and months of meticulous planning and chirping and bubbling before D-Day. Girlfriends get excited about their girlfriends' Sweet 16.
I don't get the big deal about it.
Oh sure I was excited. HELL excited like a tortoise with a new shell. But I was born under some unlucky star, because my birthday happens to fall on 28th February, right before we begin with our final exams, so it's not like I've ever received any lovely surprises from my friends or had the chance to go out and celebrate myself. My Sweet 16 fell bang in the midst of our class 10th Board Exams. However, that's another tragedy, an another story.
The thing is, today, it's exactly one month to my birthday. And as I get ready to live my last month as a 16 year old, I realise, this was the best, and yet the worst, year of my life. Many more blogs to follow (Birthdays tend to make me philosophical).
See ya
Apoorvi
PS. Hey! So you already know my birthday now. Don't hesitate to wish me, I don't bite. Or bark, for that matter. And gifts will be willingly accepted. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment