Wednesday 13 November 2013

Love At First Sight

So tall.
And slim.
And shapely.
And sexy.
And glowing.
Ohmygod!! Is that my heart I feel inside???
Gorgeous.
A work of God.. Yeah!

I can't pull my eyes away from that etheral sight. My heart feels like it will jump outta my throat. Sweaty palms. Red cheeks.
My hands itch to reach forward and feel the beauty. To assure me that yes. Perfection does exist, girl!

However, Destiny has other plans in store for me. Yeah yeah. The same old bitch who's screwed up the most of us. I hear my mother's voice… "Let's get going Aashi! I think you've stared enough for today!"
I am trans-fixed. Can't move. Can't blink. Can't speak. Can't think.
"Aashi??? We're getting late!!"
I'm so rudely brought back to earth. *sigh*
"Yaa mum!"

I turn around. Sooo slowly, unwillingly, with the heaviest heart. I look at my maa with the most pitiful puppy eyes I've ever donned. But then I shrink back from the steel-strong disapproval in her eyes.
But she does melt, because she goes "Come on Aashi. You already own a million pair of shoes."

"But maaaa!! They are genuine Louboutin!"

"You already have ten of them!"

"They are in that blazing red shade mooooom!!!"

"You have pinks and purples and oranges and greens and reds and blacks and whites and I remember even a pair of rainbow ones!!!"

"They are the original stilettos maaaaa! The actual height stilettos aaaare!!"

"And you already own a million of them!"

"Maaaaa!!! :'( :'( :'("

"Aashiii!!! :/ :/ :/"

*sob*

And I have to walk away. I keep looking back at the shoes for as long as I walk away. Once again, that S.O.B. destiny snatched my love away from me! Once again, I'm subjected to torture and agony. Any girl would understand the pain. The longing that claws beneath the surface. Letting a pair of good shoes go, is like… Watching Robert Downey Jr. stop being Iron Man. Like… Dying a day before the holocaust ends. Like… A wife feels at lunchtime on karvachauth. Like… Being hungry for days, yet the only morsel being snatched away.
Just pure. Unadulterated. Physical. Torture.

It was love at first sight. Mind it. It was love at first sight. :'(

2 comments: